Wednesday, October 11, 2006

the ups and downs

Today, or rather yesterday was a day of equity. It contained of both good and bad news alike. The good news, I'll share with everyone but the bad news I'll keep it private because it concerns others.

The good news would be, I GOT A JOB! Like finally, I know. It's a job that I somewhat look forward to because it meets my expectations in most areas.

Firstly, the remuneration package exceeds my standards. I'll be getting more than $1,500 (I refuse to disclose the exact figure) and once after confirmation (3 months probation), there will be a pay increment of $200. CHA-CHING! :D

Secondly, it is a 80% desk bound job, lovely job scope and typical office hours but that means I have to get up mother fucking early, which is everyone's worry. YES I WILL WAKE UP FOR WORK! I PROMISE! ):

Lastly, it is a 5 star corporate hotel chain in City Hall area, which would look pretty good on my resume in future. (: But that also means I'll be around that area a lot, Hello Marina Square.

The bad news just basically made me cry. I cried because I felt stressed and more importantly bad. I admit I have been insensitive and selfish and I can only blame myself for what happened. I'm sorry, it's my fault.

I wish I could just lie down and forget everything in the world. Pretend I'm invisible to all. Keeping everything to yourself is hard to do. I hate being a burden so keeping everything bottled up is the best way to run from reality. But how far can I run? How long will take before I lose it all over again.

But maybe, that's how everything just goes away, maybe, just maybe.

"Hold me and tell me everything's going to be alright
Wipe my tears away and tell me everything's going to be alright"

No comments: