Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Day 1, 2 and Counting

Good News: I'm attatched to the publications team (or better known as the Travel (Sales) team).
Bad News: For a time frame of 5 weeks.

Its better than nothing I reckon. At least I get a gist of it. :))

My in-charge of the publications team is a quirky, funny, sweet ex-hospitality student with a slight addiction of shopping during lunch time. Haha. She's really nice and funky. Totally not strict but I still have to adhere to rules because of the HR manager.

Day 1
2 hour orientation. Was first briefed about the corporate structure by HR then my in-charge briefed me about the different publications. Technically there are 6 publications but they have plenty of sub-publications.

Spent the whole day reading the past issues of their publications. I felt like a walking hospitality and tourism encyclopedia at the end of the day.

First day, first project. The project is actually a request from the Managing Director (I have yet to meet him). Best part about it? Its a competitive analysis. Equivalent to Applied Research. Someone rescue me. I'm doing it all alone. The thought that my MD wants it just gets me even more stressed..

One thing for sure is I won't be able to see the whole project through cause I'll be with the Events Team in 4 weeks. Oh well. I'd rather see it through as much as I hate Applied Research. Zhang Wei just has to haunt me even when she's not my LO or ALO.

Day 2
Complied the mock up show diary for the upcoming event. It involved papers, pen knife and scotch tape. Good old handicraft work which took me almost the whole morning.

After lunch was my greatest nightmare. I practically stoned all the way till work ended. So damned fucking boring can. I rather have a whole lotta work to do. Couldn't do much for the competitive analysis cause we're not sure what my MD wants in the first place.

So it was pretty much stoning, day-dreaming, doodling and finding methods to prevent myself from falling asleep. Boy, I'm tired after all that.

Honestly, I'm enjoying myself so far. No complains what so ever. Hope it continues the way it is, minus the having nothing to do part of course.

How are my fellow course mates doing? Update your blogs so I can read yeah. Take care and have fun everyone!

I'm losing control this girl's got a hold.

No comments: