Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Patience Is A Virtue

On site at Raffles City Convention Centre yesterday at 1400 hours. I don't know why they asked me to go down so early because there was basically nothing to do so early. After killing time by going downstairs to Ya Kun with Eileen and Diana and checking out the ballroom setup, we went up to the complimentary hotel room.

The view on the 34th floor was pretty spectacular. The girls started changing and doing their make up, I was pretty much done with my make up already so all I had to do was change. Sat at the balcony alone and did a little thinking.

Around 1700 hours, the guys came up to change so all the girls left. Walked about downstairs and even contemplated to go buy something to eat because I was starving and dinner only starts at 2000. At 1745, guests started streaming in for the cocktail reception and that was when my headache started. Reckoned it was because of the stress level and the massive amount of people that amounted to my headache.

By 2000 when all the guests and staff were seated, Martin and I were still running around (literally in my heels). Gobbled up my starter (which was rather delicious lobster with like sweet and sour sauce thingy) and continued running around doing head count.

After that, finally was able to sit down and eat proper. By that time the stress level was so high, I downed a total of 7 glasses of white wine in 3 hours. I guess cause I was stressed or something, the 7 glasses had zero effect on me. Dinner finally ended with the lucky draw (Knn, I would not even have minded the Jetstar airticket to BKK or HKG, much less the pair of Business class return tickets to Istanbul my boss won).

Mayhem continued after the dinner, settling the bills and what nonsense blah. Went back to the hotel room, changed and headed to the 70th floor for New Asia Bar. It was boring and a waste of my time but I had no choice. I was tired and suffering from a intense headache.

Downed my Chivas with Coke in 30 minutes and said I was really tired and left before they could shove another glass of Chivas at me. By that time it was almost 1am. They continued on to Bar None for more drinks. -shakes head- Older than me also got more stamina then I do. Maybe because they didn't have to help at the reception and run around during the dinner.

As of today, I officially have caught a cold or a flu because my head still hurts like mad, I feel extremely lethargic and my nose cannot stop leaking. I just feel like breaking down to cry. This corporate world is so not for a young girl like me. 2 more weeks Andrea, just 2 more weeks.

"When it all falls down, what are you to do?"

No comments: