Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Player Or Escapist

I've realised a pattern with us humans of late or at least I've been seeing this happen one too many times to people around me.

It always starts off with a picture perfect couple, laughter under the rainbows and tender kisses under the starry night. Surely the plot thickens and the laughter and kisses dissolve into bitter hatred, ending the relationship. Leaving either party jaded and cynical about love.

Each and every individual is unique because we react to similar situations differently. Some though jaded, but deep down they know love will find its way and patience pays. Some numb the pain by drowning themselves in work, school or something to their interest. Whatever the choice is, aren't we all just trying to escape from harsh reality?

Thing now is, there are some who change completely after one failed relationship. Think 24/7 loyal and faithful girlfriend who gets cheated on. After getting over "the ex" whom cheated on her, she goes back into the dating scene again. One Night Stands, breaking hearts, changing girlfriends like its a daily affair, ending up with a whole throng of ex-es that prolly lasted 1 week each, you know, along those lines.

I never understood why people turn out like that. So do you pity or blame them for their actions? Pity them because they're probably the most vunerable deep down? Blame them for their irresponsibility? I have no idea either.

I guess it boils down to meeting the right one to get such people off the path of being labeled a player. Ask yourself now, which one are you guilty of? The player? The ex that lead to this? The fleeting scandals? Or even the one? I want to be the one.

I'm known to use my head and not my heart, told by many that I have a heart of steel when I deem fit. I've invested far more than I planned to but we can't control emotions, at least this time around, emotions got the better of me. I've fallen, fallen hard. I just hope this time round, you* will be there to catch me when I fall.

Enough blabbering already. I reckon its my PMS and cramps that's making me so emo. The whole entry is so damn incoherent and it doesn't even make sense. Aiya, fuck it. I like can? Its my blog anyway.

I'm willing to do all I can because I want to. The tight hugs and lips touched.

`Spinning: Des'ree - Kissing You

"Cause I don't know
where your journey goes
or how long it will take to unfold
But as long as we keep this moment shining in the dark
I will be watching over every beat of your heart"

No comments: