Friday, March 10, 2006

Strange Epiphanies

It's strange how we experience epiphanies at the most unexpected times and how bad events can turn out to be blessings in disguise.

Zen's right, everything happens for a reason. Ultimately it boils down to how you react and how you go about accepting reality.

Most of us run away from reality, hoping that somehow that way, the pain's lessened but the fact is, no matter how brutal reality gets, the only way to break free would be to accept things as they are.

Life's full of risks and booby traps, either you take the leap of faith or regret. Sadly, we humans are such complicated creatures. We prefer taking the path unknown, silently praying for a miracle to happen.

Hoping, wishing and praying allows us to see the light at the end of the tunnel but some facts will never change. So why do we put ourselves through all the trauma?

It's just one of those things where's there's no answer.

---

On a lighter note, I managed to catch 2 hours of sleep at the babe's before heading to JB with Zeph, Wei Liang and Jinjin.

It's been 5 years since I last went to JB. Haha. I know, sounds like eons ago huh?

Our only buys were gum and 2 packs of Dunhill Menthol Lights for me. Ciggarettes make me a happy girl. ((:

All was good though cause we just ate, ate and ATE. There goes my diet plans. |:

Seafood mania at Taman. Think sambal kangkong, bamboo clams, kong bao ji ting, bbq stingray, bak kut teh and 2 plates of cereal crayfish. All at S$15 per person. Shiok-ness.

Back to Singapore, we headed to Breko's at Bugis to chill. Heineken, I love!

We've come up with plans to replace all the clubbing sessions. Tanning at Sentosa, Zoo visit, kite flying and steamboat at Marina South, fishing and mahjong (just thought of this). Though I just remembered that my supp papers may crash with these plans. Bugger it.

I'm crossing my fingers that my pay comes in promptly later because I'm beyond bankrupt and she's nearing bankruptcy. I've got a whole list of things to buy and someone to pamper. Heh.

---
*update: 0621 hours.

I'm wide awake. Insomnia's just getting from bad to worst. I must really look terrible now. |:

I was in tears for the past few hours. I just sat in front of my com and thought through everything carefully.

I came to a conclusion after reading Jamie's blog.

I quote "Sometimes, we all need a little reminder that some things don't matter, and this is the only thing that does.", unquote.

And the only thing that matters?

L.O.V.E.


Babe, nothing matters as long as I'm with you. As long as we're both happy, everyone will understand someday. Keep the faith going because I'm not giving up. I'm yours and you're mine. We'll make everyone see that we're better together. -bighug-

Serious spot on about the strange epiphanies.
"If I'm not made for you, then why does my heart tell me that I am."

No comments: