Monday, July 03, 2006

Vintage Flavour

I'm totally pooped despite the 12 hour marathon sleeping session I had earlier. I could have slept even longer but Weed was already awake for awhile and kept bugging me to get up. |:

My body is aching from the shopping we did the day before (where I didn't sleep) and my tonsils are so damn huge and sore from the "excessive" smoking. Bah. I seriously need to quit smoking because I don't want to go for the damn operation. Bummer.

Bel, Weed and myself went on a vintage shopping trail on Saturday. First stop was to 'Army Market' at Beach Road where we pigged out at the hawker on kway chap, char kway teow, fried wantons and fruits. Then we walked around the place looking for cheap deals.

Second stop was Arab Street & Haji Lane, the streets of goodies. House of Japan was rewarding with it's hidden jewels if you rummage through carefully. Bel's friend's vintage record store was dope with all the vinyls and sorts.

We chanced upon this pretty lil vintage store called Hoity Toity which stocked the most beautiful vintage bags and dresses. Best part, everything in the store has only 1 piece. I fell in love with this vintage see through dress. I swear it's so pretty. Tried it on and contemplated buying it but it was a tad bit too big for me. I really like the dress a lot. ):

Walked on to Bugis and rested our tired feet, feeding ourselves with diet Coke, the dopest drink on earth when you're thirsty. Hur. Then Jon came along with his Land Rover and we headed over to Mustafa for more shopping!

After conquering Mustafa, we drove over to Zouk to drop our shopping bags at baggage while blasting Power 98's Red Hot Mix and smoking in the jeep. Whee! Dinner finally at 2200 at some "Seafood Restaurant" a short distance from Zouk. You tiaos, hotplate tofu, broccoli, fried rice and hor fun and a pot of chrysanthemum tea. Shiokness.

Headed back to Zouk just in time for the England - Portugal match. YAY! Portugal won! The babyboo calls me a traitor just because I wasn't rooting for England like she and Bel were. I would support England if they played against any country but Spain and Portugal. Next round, they're up against France who surprisingly won the previous champions, Brazil. It's going to be one interesting match.

Our shopping stash at the end of the day:
Bel - A beautiful vintage bag, a t-shirt, a ethnic looking top, a Japanese robe, an anklet, a watch and a book.
Weed - A pair of denims, a t-shirt and suspenders.
Yours truly - A striped halter and a crocodile singlet.

Bel obviously won hands down with the things she bought but Weed and I were equally satisfied with our stash of goodies. ((: Next stop, handicraft shopping at Arab Street and Spotlight!

"Quaint shophouses and secret rendevous"

No comments: