Wednesday, February 21, 2007

My Worst Ever CNY

The title of my entry says it all. I've had the worst Lunar New Year in my ENTIRE 21 years of life span. All because, I've been so mother fucking sick.

It started out on the eve of CNY afternoon when I awoke at MINE's and whining to her about how I had this bad feeling I was going to fall real sick because I felt super weak, bad sore throat and body ache.

Sigh. If only striking lottery would be as simple. After I got home from Grandma's for reunion dinner, I immediately felt sick with a fever. Came home, did last minute spring cleaning and then rested for awhile.

Then there was another bad news, Mummy's Luo Han never made it pass the first day of CNY. She (the luo han) had been very sick for awhile already. Stomach all bloated and her colour changed from a nice red to total black. Just after midnight, the poor fish died. Mummy just sat in front of her tank and cried.

This is probably the 2nd or 3rd time in my life I've seen mummy cried. I felt her heartache so I ended up tearing as well. ): I guess that's why she never allowed us to keep pets because she can't withstand the mental trauma. Wrapped the fish in aluminum foil and we headed to bury the fish at Bedok Park, opposite my block.

First day of CNY, woke up at 1400 feeling even worst than ever. Headed to Grandma's to bai nian and came back home 3 hours later cause Lil' Brat's friends were coming over. By the time I got home, I was literally half dead.

Didn't even talk to any of her friends, all I did was lie in mummy's bed, dozing in and out of sleep while watching telly programmes. Eventually, I fell asleep.

Next morning, I was supposed to go to the temple to pay my respects to my ancestors but I was so weak and my fever was still running high so mummy gave me the go ahead to stay in and rest.

Slept in till way pass noon and mummy came back awhile after. She cooked my favourite scallop porridge with luncheon meat and eventually, only ate a tiny bowl cause I had no appetite. Mummy brought me to the doctor's after that and the total expenditure at the doctors' cost a bloody $63! Sigh. Who ask me to fall sick at this kind time. Argh.

According to the doctor, I've got a bad case of viral infection. It was so bad that my nose couldn't stop leaking, coughed so much till my stomach muscles still ache now, fever went on for 3 days and my eyes were so damn painful.

Today after a day's of medication, I feel slightly better but still a lil weak. Least my eyes don't hurt as much after using the eye drops prescribed by the doctor and my cough, flu and fever has disappeared for the time being.

What sucks is that I still have to work tomorrow. Sigh. I so still wanna stay in and rest cause the medicines are so drowsy, resulting in me sleeping every now and then. The other sucky thing is, I never got to wear my new clothes only wore 1 set for like 3 hours. -.-

The even "suckier" thing was that I never got to go visiting, so this year, my ang baos have gone down by ALOT. -whines- The even even "suckiest" thing is that I haven't seen MINE for like 4 full days already. )): -big sigh-

So while all of you were out visiting, collecting ang baos, eating the CNY goodies, clubbing at night and gambling your day away, yours truly has been in the bed all day because I was even too weak to get out of bed.

It's so bad that I've been sleeping with mummy so she can take care of me. I'm a major baby when I'm sick. A major one.

So that's how exciting my CNY has been. -grumbles-

"Gong Xi Fa Cai
my arse"

No comments: