Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Sing With Me

As the end of the year and the festive season approaches, everyone seems to be thrown into some kind of reflective or emo mode. Here I am with my own, despite the obvious happiness and cheeriness I have been exhibiting in the past few entries.

2007 has been an eventful yet monotonous year for me. Opportunites came and went, just like how some people walked in and out of my life.

The opportunities, I know will come again but the people, some, have walked out permanently. For one, I am glad that she is out of my life for good because all she brought was unhappiness and misery but for some, I miss with a tinge of regret.

I suppose I did give it my best shot when it came to friendship but like a relationship, it takes two hands to clap. I did all I can to save the 2 friendships that I've some what lost this year but to no avail. I'd like to say, I really really miss the both of you.

Relationship wise, I always believe, we all learn something from each and every relationship we go through. This time, I've learnt that sometimes, being too independent doesn't work. That I have to love and respect myself before expecting someone to do the same.

I lost myself right from the start of the relationship. Lost all dignity and pride. I just hung on, for the sake of hanging on. I am just glad that now, I found myself back again, for my own sake.

Likewise, I thank those who never once gave up on me and I thank those who love me for who I am and I thank those who were there for me when I needed them.

To my friends, who have loved and lost, smile my darlings, love will always find it's way.

For now, sing with me,

"Did you think I'd crumble
Did you think I'd lay down and die
Oh no, not I
I will survive as long as i know how to love
I know I'll stay alive
I've got all my life to live
I've got all my love to give and
I'll survive
I will survive"

`Spinning: Electrico - Runaway

No comments: