Tuesday, February 22, 2005

The Sun Sets on Me

Got an impromptu call from Ritz Carlton yesterday. Agnes Thio couldn't make it for my interview on Wednesday as she had to fly off to Jarkarta last minute. For a moment, I thought she was going to cancel on me forever. So after her explanation, she asked me to go down straight after lessons dressed in my jeans and spag top.

God did I feel weird. Interview in such attire?! Oh well. I waited till 2030 for her. Stoned my way through the 1 hour. Almost fell asleep. Finally she came out from the interview with this Hospitality girl. So yes, only F&B is left. I pretty much rejected her straight away. If my passion was for F&B, I would have taken Hospitality and not Tourism.

I asked for something that wasn't offered to Internship students at Ritz. Reservations. Aiya, I'm a typical office girl. I love sitting in the office all day long and all the marketing & communications stuff is just so fascinating. Hah. She said she'll call me today and let me know if that department is available. Oh well, my phone hasn't rung yet.

I'm feeling the disappointment all over again. First I screwed up Conrad (which was my 2nd choice) and then Cathay fucked me (my first choice) and now it seems that Ritz (my 3rd choice) is going to be just as bad.

On the positive side, I have an interview with Valuair tomorrow at 1730 and another interview with TTG Asia Media on Friday. I also just sent my resume to Rendezvous as they offer reservations. 1 more week to the dateline and my placement is still not confirmed. I'm tired of going for interviews and bad news.

I'm so lost to what I should do. I'm not even keeping my hopes high for Valuair and TTG, I don't want my heart to be shattered again. Maybe I should just not take it so seriously, after all its just SIP not a permanent job. Like my mum says, its just 6 months and at the end of the day, its the experience you gain.

No comments: