Thursday, April 28, 2005

Strange Deja Vu

Half a decade ago. Age of 14. Secondary 2e5. Clad in the blue and white IJ uniform. Horribly spiteful and tactless. 1st relationship. 2nd visit to the principal's office. Disgusting baby fats.

Memories from the past are coming back in the flesh to haunt me.

Some I'm glad I lost (Note: Baby fats and ex-boyfriend from hell), some I look back and smile.

Of course time passes and we all lose contact with some friends or other. This week, I met 2 people whom I last contacted 5 years ago.

Found the first one on the day of my birthday through a mutual friend. 24th April'05. An old friend's ex from the first clique I was in. DebSharDollySelAdahValClaud.

Found the second one last night, or rather this morning around 0100 at China Black. 28th April'05. My childhood sweetheart. :)) Honestly, I've been looking around for him for quite sometime already.

Singapore's so small so I always believed that we'll meet again, somehow, someday. We did. This morning. China Black. The last place I thought we'll meet. Its not everyday you meet an old friend. But while clubbing?! Haha.

While I was procrastinating to go up to him and asked if he was who he was, snippets of the past silly things we did flashed in my head.

Went up to him and asked. He couldn't remember me for a second or two. Apparently I've changed a lot (even according to the first friend found). That prolly only means, I have lost a lot of weight and look much better now. :
Humans are superficial.

Its always nice to meet old friends from the past. Always. Especially when you're down and out and all alone.

Expect the unexpected.

No comments: