Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny

Yet another disturbed night of sleep. Waking up time to time from ludicrous dreams. Diagnosed with viral infection. On my way to work, man next to me on the MRT couldn't stop shaking his leg.

Pretty bad start to mid-week Wednesday. To me at least.

No, I'm not going to whine about how bad my day has been. Which morons "offended" me or how certain parts of my hair sticks out in the morning.

It's on mornings like these when I truly appreciate the genuine care and concern shown to me even by strangers.

Cell rings at 0600 sharp. Caller ID reflected 'Best Friend' calling. I was about to press the answer button and scream my lungs out at her because I'm supposed to still have at least another 30 minutes of sleep.

I didn't scream of course. I was too groggy and half asleep to scream. Plus, she gave a bright and cheery Good Morning and followed on to invite me for a McDonald's breakfast date. **1st thing that made my day. Don't ask why, it just did.

My colleague went down to buy some food and drinks for teabreak. Pssst. The big bosses are all away. She being the sweet girl she is, she bought me Chocolate Yan Yan! *beams. **3rd thing that made my day.

Now I'm going to the 2nd thing that kept me smiling for the rest of the day.

After my half-eaten lunch. It was terrible Hong Kong Noodles (knn. $4 can?!) and loss of appetite (nothing to do with eyecandy sitting opposite me), my colleagues and I sat around and had a chat.

Eyecandy then asked "Are you feeling better?" (note: accompanied with a grin and the look of "Are you sure you are sick or were you just lazy?"). *double beam.

Honestly if she didn't give that look, I would still be as happy. But anyway, I asked her on MSN later what was that look for and all she did was say "What look? Haha." and the "Angel" emoticon. *triple beam.

Okay, I'm mad and obessed but my point is, its the little things that matter when you least expect it. So go on, make someone's day. I'm going to try to make someone's day tomorrow. Regardless of whether I know the person.

"When pride builds me up till I can't see my soul"

No comments: