Thursday, June 30, 2005

My Goals for Student Internship Programme

To attain a commendation grade:
1. Make full use of the 23 weeks of SIP to be exposed to as many aspects of the job as possible.
2. Learn how to balance personal life and work life; time management.
3. Applying the skills and knowledge that I have learnt in school and picking up new skills and knowledge at the same time.
4. Learn how to handle human relationships with regards to clients and fellow colleagues.
5. Take responsibility to tasks assigned, be open to criticism; handle things like a working adult.

What I would really write if I didn't give two hoots:
1. Make full use of the 23 weeks to take a break from lecture notes, droning tutors and stupid project datelines.
2. Learn how to club on working days and survive the next working day.
3. Apply skills and knowledge I have learnt in school and picking up neither cause there is nothing to do in the first place.
4. Learn how to handle office politics, so bad that its even apparent to an intern on her first day.
5. Take responsibility to tasks assigned, be open to criticism and then go home and curse and swear about it; just like working adults.
*Additional Goal:
6. -clears throat. Learn more about eyecandy, woo, flirt and hello darling. (:

---

I'm so effing bored at work. 2nd day in the row not doing anything for 8 hours straight. At least I was "entertaining" myself with e Journal yesterday.

Today marks my last day of work with the travel group - publishing (marketing) department. Tomorrow, its 4 months of exhibitions for me. *mumbles.

My supervisor just did my appraisal. Hmmm. Scores all not bad. All 4's except for two 3's and one 2. No 5 though. Everyone make a guess what got me 2 marks out of 5. Punctuality and attendance lor. What else. I have to fix this fucking problem.

"Blissful chained affinity"

No comments: