Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Take Me Beyond The Rainbow With You

BAH. Work today was bad. I repeat, work was BAD.

I've been warned that Acid gets real busy on the nights where Charlene (1 of the talents) sings. I just never expected it to be so busy. -mumbles-

Everything was fine before I went for my break to talk to her. Then everything went downhill. Operations was so screwed up.

I was so busy that I didn't even managed to finish my closing proper. Short cut my way through, with permission of cause. Didn't tabulate my Visa, Masters & Amex, didn't count my cigarettes and only managed to count my cash at 0200 (Normally do it at 0130).

The floor staff had to wait for me to finish closing before we could go off. The routine is, the cashier is usually the first to finish closing, then helps the floor staff with closing. Today was an exception of course and plus, floor staff can't help the cashier with closing. |:

Thank God sales was good.

Besides the crazy hustle and bustle, drama was the word to describe the night. All 3 full time floor staff, 1 bartender, 1 cashier (yours truly) and manager were snapping at each other.

2 floor staff ended up crying because of customers and the bouncers had to step in. The customer was so agitated and was making a scene. Imagine the drama.

1 floor staff was this close to losing his temper, bartender was in a crabby mood because the orders could not stop coming in even at 0150 and he had to do his month end stock take, I was just too busy and everyone kept bugging me, manager was stressed.

I shall learn to do a perfect pour (Heineken All Stars standards) and help the bartenders when I'm free. HUR.

Shan't go into details but I was this close to crying as well. |:

Those in the service industry would know that the motto goes "Customers are ALWAYS right". But come on, with all honesty, customers are only right to a certain extent. We service staff are also humans, there's no need to hurl vulgarities at us.

On a lighter note, a conversation between my manager and I, that really cracked me up.

Manager: "Shit la, I just got word that Acid's been labelled as a 'Butch' hang out."

Me: "Why shit? I don't see that many butches what. Even so, "People Like Me" are a minority at Acid. Plus if they were a significant majority, I'd have a field day already and ask Kak Na (Asst Head Cashier) to put me permanently here."

Manager: "Its bad for the business girl. Regulars will run if it really comes to that state. So if you hear word about this, please tell me."

Me: "If I actually ever hear word that Acid's the new Mad Monks, you're in serious trouble." -gave her the cheeky grin-

Manager: "Die die die. Remember to tell me."

HAHAHA.

Don't get us wrong that my manager is implying that PLU (People like us) have no spending power. It's just that Acid has a strong group of regulars whom we depend on and we don't want them to run away if word gets out that Acid is a "lesbo" hang out.

Irony of the night? I saw 4 PLU friends of mine at work. LOL.

Tommmie and Noelle (IRC friends) who were such sweeties. They bought me fries and a Natsumi burger from MOS Burger. Like I'm not fat enough already. Psst. Diet. Marissa (KC school mate and ex butch hunt contestant) who ordered so many drinks from me and if I don't remember her name wrongly, Zac.

So you heard it first from me. Do not go to Acid if you're lesbian. Haha. Kidding! Come come and make me crabby from pilling bill folders.

---

My period's like almost a week late which only means prolonged PMS. Banana shit fuck.

Coupled with insomnia and drifting in and out of sleep when I actually do fall asleep, I'm one crabby bitch. |:

Only she cheers me up. (:

It's 3 months since we went out on our first "date". New year's spent at LJS and Coffee Bean.

Everyone says we're in our honeymoon period that's why we're so blissfully happy. Note to all, the honeymoon period has been going on for a month now and it's going to last even longer because I say so.

Against all odds, I'll stickwitu. ((:

---
*update: 0941 hours.

Drifted in and out of sleep for 2 hours. Got fed up and got up.

I have this headache that is threatening to burst my tiny head like one of those grosteque scenes in Final Destination 3.

So now I'm crabby, cranky and whiny.

-BIGPOUT-

---
*update: 1006 hours.

Someone's going to "zhao" school now.

So I'm going to embark on my hour plus long journey to the west. (Pun not intended)

Tau Huey, Duck Rice, Chicken Rice and Goreng Pisang from Bedok Interchange later. Though it's going to be cold by the time I reach the west. Bah. Did I mention diet earlier? Whoops.

She'll un-pout me in about 2 hours. ((:

Out.
"When I first saw you, I saw love.
And the first time you touched me, I felt love.
And after all this time, you're still the one I love.

Looks like we made it,
look how far we've come my baby.
We might've took the long way,
we knew we'd get there some day.

They said "I'll bet they'll never make it".
But look at us holding on,
we're still together, still going strong.

You're still the one I run to,
the one I belong to.
You're still the one I want for life.
You're still the one I love,
the only one I dream of.
You're still the one I kiss goodnight."

No comments: