Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Strike One

A cloudy morning, set out with the intentions of sweetness. A night's lack of sleep, all for the vision of happiness. Paths crossed, saccharine emotions exchanged. Blurry eyed, butterflies fluttered with the rumble of hunger.

Paranoia or rather instinct, revealed the buried truth. Anger and disappoinment played their pivotal role, leaving emotions at complete loss. Tempers flared, emotions strung high, resentment turned into hatred.

V is for vengeance. And there are some things that will never change, never.

Exhausted like always, with emotions constantly running all over the place, what else can one expect? But when the day numbness is all you feel, do you succumb or do you perserve?

I perserved, like the loved ones predicted and the enemies miscalculated. I've live a life, trying to prove something to everyone. Then an epiphany hits me, the only person I have to prove to is myself.

I'll leave the eyes of suspicion, take the leap of faith and trust like I last did 8 months ago. The last left me jaded and nerved, empty promises and betrayal. I never thought I'd love like before and ironically I was spot-on. I've never loved like this, to the point of what some call insanity.

The heart has hardened once again but still foolishly trapped in confusion. At least if I fall, I'd survive the fall, or so I think. All because the saying goes, "All is calm before a thunderstorm". Strike one, strike two, strike three, gone. Or will there be a strike four, five, six and so on? The future remains untold.

In the meantime, the masquerade continues. Everyone, put your masks back on.

"Everything needs to be read between the lines, everything."

No comments: