Tuesday, August 22, 2006

7 Degrees of Separation

Ahhh. It's been awhile since I last typed in this lil empty text box but nothing much has really changed in my life though.

As I am typing now, the lil one is lying next to me in bed, falling into deep slumber. ((:

The reason for the lack of updates is because my internet connection at home is a goner and now, the lil one's laptop is a goner. Bloody buggers. Add on the fact that I've sort of lost my blogging mojos. Haha.

The lil one and I are literally stickwitu 24/7. Either I'm at her house or she's at my house, we're literally inseperable. Hur. It's like the keyboard and the mouse, always seen together. I know, what a metaphor to use right? Hah.

Today, she went off to school leaving me sleeping on her bed like a dead log. So happy. Haha. It's blissful because at least I don't have to bus all the way back to Bedok Reservoir.

So basically, the past weekend has been about the same like always.

Friday was at Zouk with Belly, Shawn, Jordan and Lian Jin. Had supper with Lian Jin and a very high lil one at Newton Circus who made us order BBQ Stingray and ate only a few mouths before "passing out" on the table. Haha.

Saturday was Liquid with Lian Jin, Jordan, Belly and Diva. This time around, it was my turn to get high. It is always the Moet's fault. Bah. At least I didn't pass out on my porridge during supper with Jordan at Chinatown. Hah.

---

I spoke to an ex collegue online earlier. In some strange coincidence, he happens to be a mutual friend of my dad's and mine. In a stranger coincidence, he has been seeing my dad of late and told me that my dad has a Friendster account.

Curiosity killed the cat, it always kills the damn cat. When you haven't seen your biological father for last 10 years, obviously you'd check out his Friendster profile.

No offense to anyone but seriously which decent father has a Friendster profile?! So what if he's only 45. My mum's 42 and she acts like 42 year old and does not have a Friendster profile. Yes I am insulting my own father so stay out of it.

Anyway, I pretty much got a shock. At first, I couldn't recognise him. My memory of him was 10 years back and it's been stuck there ever since because I never saw him after that but after awhile, I did and unknowingly, tears just trickled.

I hate it that I look so much like him even up till this day. The first thing the lil one said when she laid eyes on his pictures were "You look like him". I hate it that he has a Friendster account. Fathers do not have Friendster accounts which just makes it clearer that he's no father.

But one thing struck me. He looks so old, like grandfather old. Which tells me, I am old! And I hope he dies soon. Knn, spoil my day only.

"Sing me a love song"

No comments: