Friday, July 27, 2007

Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows

*Warning, spoilers ahead.

Well well, it's been awhile since I have blogged. Been busy with work in general and trying to catch up on beauty sleep.

So last Saturday, finally collected the book and by Sunday night, I finished it. Hurhur. Didn't go to work on Monday and ended up reading it for the second time. Now the book's with my boss. Hur.

Love love loved the ending. The reason behind why Snape is actually good was rather touching too. Sigh. All in all, I thought it was a good closure for Harry Potter & friends.

Deaths included Hedwig, Mad Eye Moody, Peter Pettigrew, Fred Weasley, Nymphadora Tonks and Remus Lupin (who already had a baby boy). Speaking of Hedwig, I was given a TY Beanie of Hedwig when I collected my book. Who'd think she'd die as well. Sigh. Least, amidst all the speculation that one or two of the main characters would die, none came true and I'm glad.

The only disappointing part was the lack of details about the 19 years later. We know Hermione and Ron got married and had 2 kids, one named Rose, the other Hugo. Ginny and Harry got married and had 3 kids, James, Lily and Albus Severus (after Dumbledore and Snape). That Neville Longbottom became a professor at Hogwarts and Draco Malfoy became "good" of sorts and had 1 kid too. Haha.

But I was wondering bout Luna Lovegood, George Weasley (Fred died), Bill Weasley and his part Veela wife, Fleur, etc. Guess the book was already thick enough and details bout the main characters sufficed.

Now, the Potter mania is finally over. Just left with Half Blood Prince and The Deathly Hallows movies to come out. Then, that will really mark the end of the Potter mania.

No comments: