Thursday, July 19, 2007

Harry Potter & The Order of The Phoenix

*Warning, spoilers ahead.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Met MINE after work and after school respectively at PS to catch Harry Potter & The Order of The Phoenix. Booked the tickets a couple of weeks back so you can guess how excited I was to catch the movie. But well, the movie turned out rather disappointing for me.

For those like MINE who has never went near the book, would probably not really comprehend with what exactly was going on in the movie. Everything moved so fast, putting as much details as they can in each and every scene.

Then as usual, the minor changes in the plot that only the avid HP readers would notice and this, was right from the start of the movie.

Dudley was not sent to the hospital; They only left just before TOTP(The Order of The Phoenix) turned up because Tonks sent them a muggle mail saying they won a best garden award thingy. TOTP did not just turn up at Harry's room door; Harry went down to the kitchen when he heard a crash made by Tonks.

I will just stop at the first two differences cause it'll take forever to list everything I spotted. I guess I'm just being super anal but yeah, I couldn't help going through the book while the movie played on.

But can someone just please tell me why Cho became the one who told on DA's meetings?! It was supposed to be Cho's best friend, Marietta and I was waiting to see the word SNEAK etched across her face!

And can someone else please tell me why, Sirus Black's mother's potrait did not scream the entire 1 minute of screen time it was given?! It was screaming in the entire book. I was looking forward to hearing her screech like a banshee.

Sigh. So yes, I was rather disappointed. I agreed with Jie that the previous directors were better but a valid point is that this book is way longer than the previous ones.

There were good things I reckon (typing this a lil reluctantly). Umbridge was as irritating and disgusting as depicted in the book. I personally loved Luna Lovegood, she was just so Looney. Haha.

Emma Watson is growing into a very pretty lady. The rest, I'm not too sure. X: Jie reckons that Daniel Radcliff is hot but I think otherwise. Still like his look better in Harry Potter & The Philosopher's Stone, way cuter there.

So yes. Sigh. Saturday, is the release of Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows. Rumours are that 2 of the main characters would die. I'm keeping my fingers crossed cause personally I don't want anyone to die.

---

On another note, I've been updating so frequently because I have absolutely nothing to do at work. In fact, I'm so damn sick of it cause I am bored and cold in the office. Plus, I'm so sleepy. Haven't been getting enough rest man. Sigh.

So yeah, if you see me on MSN and I'm not on Busy mode, come and disturb me or something. Dying of boredom here.

No comments: